WHAT I’M WEARING ON REPEAT
MAKEUP AND SKIN CARE EDITION
This month for WIWOR I’m excited to share my FAVORITE make-up and skin care products. Summer is quickly approaching and I know you’ll find these tried and true products helpful, just in time to look your best for summer.
I narrowed it down to products that I can’t live without and products that are a MUST have, especially for summer.
AIRBRUSHED LEGS, NOT JUST FOR LEGS
AIRBRUSH LEGS by Sally Hansen will make you look flawless, absolutely flawless! It’s not a self tanner it’s actually a body makeup that comes in an aerosol can.
I had a wedding we were attending in April, and had found the perfect off the shoulder dress to wear to it. As the weekend approached I realized my body hadn’t seen the sun in months-yikes! I quickly reached out to my girlfriend, who is very glam and goes out on the town weekly, what self tanning product I should use. Without hesitation she recommended AIRBRUSH LEGS and let me know I could use it anywhere, not just my legs, and it would work perfectly for my strapless dresses.
- It is a makeup so best to apply it before you get dressed and let it dry completely before you put on your outfit. I did notice that a little had rubbed off onto the inside of my dress but washed out easily.
- It is waterproof. My friend who recommended this has worn it with a swimsuit and in a pool and told me it stays put, but I haven’t tried it personally. I do know to remove it you need to take a hot shower and scrub it off with a washcloth and soap.
- It does have some sparkle to it, it’s subtle but you’ll notice a slight shimmer.
- Use a large makeup sponge to blend.
- If you are using it with a strapless dress you’ll want some help spraying and blending your back. Legs you can do on your own.
- It comes in a variety of shades, my friend has tried a lot of the shades and says TAN GLOW is her favorite shade. That’s the shade I tried and loved it.
- It’s somewhat addictive-ha ha! But it does smooth out all imperfections and you’ll want to use it often 🙂
SOME OF MY FAVORITE OFF THE SHOULDER TOPS
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BASE
CONFESSION TIME-I have dark circles under my eyes more often then not. I don’t drink nearly enough water and did you know certain allergies will cause dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can also be hereditary. I’ve tried high end and low end under eye concealers and Maybelline makes my favorite. AGE REWIND CONCEALER is hands down my favorite. It’s inexpensive, I buy two, one for my makeup drawer and one for my purse. If you struggle with covering up dark areas you’ll LOVE this concearler!
Your foundation layer is critical. I don’t wear a lot of makeup and when I do I like it to look natural. I have quite a few freckles and some age spots starting on my face-eeek! My goal with make up is not completely hide everything because I don’t want a thick or unnatural look, my goal is to hide what needs to be hidden and enhance the best parts.
I’ve tried several different foundations and have settled on CLINIQUES BEYOND PERFECTING foundation. I put a tiny dot on the key areas of my face-forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin and blend with a makeup sponge.
IF YOU HAVE DRY CRACKED HEELS,
THIS IS A MIRACLE WORKER!!!
Recently friend asked me if I had heard of BABY FEET, and if I’d tried it. She explained it was a foot mask and was suppose to get rid of the rough calloused areas on your feet. My curiosity was peeked, I have tried virtually every foot/heel cream out there, and nothing worked completely. I’ve even tried different concoctions I found on Pinterest, I once soaked my feet in Listerine, surprise surprise it didn’t help!
I had the roughest heels around, the kind that snag your sheets! I wear flip flops and sandals 9 months out of the year-which is probably why my feet were so rough and why it was so embarrassing to have extremely rough and calloused heels.
If this sounds like you, let me introduce you to BABY FEET, I’m hear to tell you it WORKS!!! I honestly didn’t think I’d ever see soft skin on my heels ever in my life. Thanks to Baby Feet my soft skin is back, I am blown away that this actually restored my feet the way it has.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BABY FEET
- You will sit with plastic booties on your feet for an hour. I sat with them on for two hours, because I wanted to make sure it worked-and it sure did! I popped in a movie one night and put the booties on. It feels refreshing, I put them on and laid a towel over the end of our chase lounge, propped up my feet on the towel and let it work it’s magic.
- Your dead, rough skin will peel off and you’ll feel like a snake shedding it’s skin. Honestly, I had so much skin to peel it grossed out my family! You start peeling on day 5 after the treatment and I stopped peeling on exactly day 14! I would scrub my feet everyday in the shower and try and get the majority off there but you will still notice peeling skin daily. I would roll the booties down and not have them around my ankles because I even peeled skin from there. My heels absolutely peeled the most but I also peeled on the top and sides of my feet too.
- You’ll either want to do it right now or wait until summer is over. It’s a full 10 days of losing skin. I still wore sandals on most days but at the height of my peeling I wore closed shoes to conceal all the peeling…
LIP LOVE HIGH AND LOW
Here are my two favorite products for my lips. As I age I’ve noticed I need to have something on my lips, or else I look too washed out.
My everyday go to is BURTS BEES LIP CRAYON. I’ve tried almost all the shades and it’s a noticeable amount of color but sheer enough it doesn’t look caked on or heavy. It also keeps your lips soft and moisturized, and is very affordable. It’s the only red lipstick I will use. With red lipstick you need to be careful-it can often overpower your face but there dark red shade is PERFECT. For an everday look, I wear some of the lighter shades. I love them all!
Yves Saint Laurent makes an amazing lipstick. It is a splurge, I was given mine as a gift from a dear friend (it’s a great gift idea)! But, why not treat yourself, it is the creamiest lipstick I’ve ever tried. It comes in a variety of pretty shades, the one I have is Rouge Volupte.
SHOP ALL THE ABOVE PRODUCTS
*affiliate links used above
I hope you enjoyed this months What I’m Wearing on Repeat, beauty edition! Summer is the perfect season to try some new beauty products, and I love sharing with my friends, my favorite things that really work! No one likes wasting money on beauty items that just don’t deliver what they promise.
I’d love to hear what you think!