Well friends, I’m rounding the corner and heading into the final stretch of the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE, and I’m feeling a little behind the 8 ball…. This is my fourth time participating in the ORC, and this one has me nervous that I won’t be able to finish 100% of the project by the reveal date of May 10th. Not that this has been my most complicated room, it’s just that we have had a lot on our plates, and have been away several weekends, and weekends are when I typically can get a lot of work done. Nevertheless, each week there has been progress and I’m excited to share this weeks progress with you.
Two major things happened this week. We removed the majority of the built-in cabinetry and the painting is done. Yippeeee! I love the color, Ozark Shadows by Benjamin Moore, It’s the perfect shade of gray, and I like how it blends with the rest of the house which is painted Revere Pewter at 50% by Benjamin Moore,
With the built-in removed the room feels more open and I don’t regret removing it at all.
The rug, which I place under the desk came in and it’s exactly what I was wanting.
With two weeks left it’s time to make some final decisions and get the remainder of the details ordered. Below is the design board with the final elements….I think. My only hesitation is if this design has enough masculine elements. My husband and I will be sharing this office, he likes the design but I want him to love it as much as I do. I have to finalize this coming week, so stay tuned.
SHOP THE LOOK
The other decision I need to make is which slipcover I will order for the chair. This week I picked up the Farlov chair from IKEA. I don’t care for the standard slipcover options that are available from Ikea. Luckily there is a company called BEMZ that specializes in making slipcovers for all makes and models of Ikea furniture. There fabrics are beautiful and they offer so many options. This week only they are offering 20% off every slipcover.
I haven’t figured out how to hide all of the computer equipment but may order this cabinetto hide the printer and some of the other computer elements.
This coming week I need to focus on the trim work. Now that we removed the built-in there are pieces of baseboards that are missing, and I need to repair those areas.
I also need to redo the trim work around the entrance of the room. We removed the existing french doors and made DIY barn doors. However, I still need to take off the old french door trim and replace it with some flat trim work.
Time for me to get back to work. Can’t thank you enough for following along this process and encouraging me. Head on over to the ONE ROOM CHALLENGEwebsite and check in on all the other amazing projects.