From here on out the ORC updates should be better looking and more inspiring.
This week I wrote out a detailed to-do list.
I also started the bed project. So far so good. Here’s how the bed’s starting to come together~
I found this great fabric on clearance at Joanns. It’s a linen texture but has a slight sheen to it.
I started attaching the nail head trim, but then realized I will get a better result if I attach the upholstered pieces first and then hammer in the trim. Here you can see the texture of the fabric and how pretty it looks with the nailhead trim.
Before I can attach the upholstered pieces I need to paint the parts of the bed that will still be exposed. I went to Sherwin Williams and got two samples. And I was pleased that one of them was a great match.
The paint on the post is the color I’m going with. I plan to do a wash with a little bit of the wood grain showing through. Then I’ll be sealing it with a white wax. This will get done this weekend.
This is the biggest project of the challenge. Once the bed is done, I plan on painting the nightstands, and hanging the curtains. My goal will be to get that done next week.
Linking up at Linda’s and knowing there are other’s DIYing themselves to new rooms is definitely a fun way to work on the room, and stay motivated.